The TDN Digest is a daily update of the important stories, announcements, and conversations about Newark from around the web. Find out more »
Articles, reports and news items from major news agencies such as the New York Times, the Star Ledger, and ABC 7 News
- Essex County dedicates Andre Tippett field in Newark
- Summer violence in Newark up from last year – NJ.com
- Two charged in Newark shooting that left woman, granddaughter injured – NJ.com
- Newark shootings prompt increase in patrols, plea to community for help – NJ.com
- shooting spree shakes newark’s streets – NJ.com
- Newark deploying more police to street after week of shooting violence – NJ.com
- Urban Bush Women celebrate 25 years with performances in Newark, New York – NJ.com
Opinion, thoughts and experiences from blogs around the web
Announcements, and marketing material published by organizations around and in the city
- Mayor Booker and Police Director Mccarthy Join With Clergy and Anti-Crime Activists to Discuss Measures City and Community Partners Are Taking to Address Public Safety Concerns
- Architects Choose Site for Design Competition for Newark Visitor’s Center
Twitter updates from city residents and newsmakers alike
Great press conference on crime today w/ Mayor Booker, but now on way 2 another shooting incident on Norman Rd., when is this going 2 end?
Now: board meeting with stop shootin’ Inc, one of newark’s most socially responsible orgs. After: a Newark pride alliance debrief mtg.
Great Newark documentary – Brick City premieres Sept. 21-25 on the Sundance Channel – http://bit.ly/tRTvl
Where are the jobs in NJ? These industries are on the rise: http://bit.ly/xa1iK
Great lunch at boi na brasa on adams st. Rodizio never gets old. An espresso will get hold me over til 5.
mmm chicken cutlet sandwiches from francesca’s. hold any kind of vegetables or anything green on dre’s. guy loves to eat healthy ha
NJPAC in Oct. We're sending an update to facebook fans w/ a password for a presale. Fans can get tix early. www.facebook.com/njpac</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/NJPAC/statuses/3410158909">—NJPAC
Adversity has a way of bringing us together…causing us to tackle, even the most difficult challenges, together.
wonders why police departments across NJ continue to avoid describing organized groups affiliated with Bloods and Crips as gangs.
Check out our latest “Ask the Mayor” video responding to a question from a supporter on Facebook: http://bit.ly/J5sOy
“Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.” – Louis Brandeis
The Digest is a free service brought to you by the Daily Newarker. To support the work of this blog, click one of the Google ads at the bottom of this post. As always, thanks for reading the Daily Newarker.